Clubs & Communities
Lil Partner | Luzern World Theatre Company
Founded in September 2011, The Lucerne World Theatre Company (LWTC) is an amateur English-language theatre group that thrives on a passion for drama and the performance arts. Built on the principles of fun and inclusion, the club offers a gateway to the stage to its members who hail from all corners of the globe.
LWTC offers its members acting classes as well as opportunities to get involved in stage productions.
Their main objectives include:
- Offering continuous theatre training for amateur and professional actors through weekly meetings and special themed workshops as well as play readings.
- To set up their own amateur theatre group and put on their own theatre productions.
- To offer people in the Lucerne area the chance to see smaller theatre productions from all over the world.
Annual membership costs CHF 100 and the group meets every Tuesday evening from 19.30 to 21.30 at the LiLi Centre (Alpenquai 40a, 6005 Lucerne). Anyone interested in joining the group is welcomed to come along anytime.
For information about upcoming productions please visit their website here.
Lil Partner | Swiss American Society Lucerne
The Swiss American Society was founded in 1962 as a non-political, non-profit organisation dedicated to developing and maintaining business and social relationships between Swiss and US citizens living in Lucerne. They now have more than 300 members from over 21 nations.
Every year they host a wide variety of events and activities to suit all ages and represent their diverse membership. A special emphasis is placed on events to celebrate the important customs and festivities of both Switzerland and the USA including Fasnacht, Fourth of July, Swiss National day, American Thanksgiving, and Christmas. As well as this they host numerous events for families, sporting events, arts and cultural tours as well as opportunities for networking and developing business relationships.
Their objectives include:
- Promoting goodwill, understanding, mutual respect and cooperation between the citizens of the United States and Switzerland.
- Encouraging community spirit and a sense of inclusion amongst the international community in Central Switzerland.
- Assisting newcomers to Switzerland in building a social network;
- To be an example of tolerant and inclusive integration.
- To celebrate human diversity in all of its forms.
- To honour the Lucerne community by using local resources and aiding local humanitarian causes
Alliance Française www.af-lu.org
Anglo-Swiss Club Lucerne www.asc-lucerne.ch
International Women’s Club of Lucerne www.iwcl.net