Znüni News – Wednesday May 9
Every year 25 000 people are diagnosed with skin cancer in Switzerland making it the most common form of cancer in the country. Luckily nowhere else is the survival rate as high as here, mainly because of a strong prevention campaign. From May 14 to 18 the next free skin cancer screening in the region will take place. You can find out more at www.melanoma.ch.
The following places will offer free screening:
– Luzerner Kantonsspital, Dermatologie, with Drs Rita Sigg and Katrin Baumann: Mo, 14. May, afternoon. Make an appointment first 0848 52 22 02.
– Hirslanden-Klinik Meggen: Wednesday, 16. Mai. Make an appointment first 041 379 01 80.
– Hautnah-Praxis, Luzern, Monday, 14. Mai, morning. Make an appointment first : 041 210 24 44.
– Derma-Center Küssnacht and Brunnen, Monday May 14, all day without appointments
– Bürgenstock Medical Centre Monday May 14, no appointment necessary
Today will be day one of the Lucerne Beach Volleyball Open tournament. It is taking place at the next to the Lido and will run through the weekend. 380 tons of sand have been brought in to make the fields and a day ticket costs CHF 25.- You can find out more here.
It’s Eurovision time and last night Switzerland were singing for their chance to be in the final. The band ZiBBZ are notable for being a brother and sister duo and also for being from Lucerne. Unfortunately their pyrotechnics were not enough to secure them a spot in the final which will take place this Saturday in Lisbon.