Mountain Bike Hacks
Now that the snow has melted, our surrounding mountains are showing their glamorous green hills and if you want to do something more extreme than hiking, then mountain biking might just be for you. Sometimes it takes more than just a bike and a path unlike city biking, mountain biking requires you to acquire a set of skills and tricks. Here is what we think is important to make it safe and sound.
Mountain bike techniques can be difficult for the novice rider. It is important to build up a skill set that allows the rider to feel completely comfortable when attempting the more complicated maneuvers on a mountain bike. Once you start getting used to the bike you may try out bunny hops. After this move is mastered then you are ready to move on to the more advanced mountain bike tricks.
1. Manuals can at times be also difficult. It is important to have a comfortable speed before attempting the trick. Once this has been accomplished slightly shift your weight back in order to start the manual. Try to keep your body shifted slightly to the back in order to keep your balance. The better balance affords you a better manual and longer as well.
2. Another mountain bike trick that is, at times, difficult to pull off is wall rides. Wall rides require an expert rider to be able to bunny hop significantly and be able to shift one’s body sideways in order to ride along a way or other hard surface.
3. Endo turns are another complicated maneuver which deals with balancing your weight on the front end of the back while and the same time being able to turn.
4. A Wall blunt incorporates the ability to wheelie up a wall and stalling on it so that the bike is parallel to the wall. Stair manuals are hard to pull off because it encompasses manually on a rough terrain. Balance is key if one is to pull off this trick because bad balance can equal serious consequence.
5. Stoppies require balance as well; they are when you are going a certain speed and then suddenly grasp the brakes thus shifting your body and the bike forward as if doing a front wheely.
6. Front wheel touch ups require popping the front tire on the curb. Start with your strong foot on the pedal and then lift the back part of the wheel with your feet in order to get the entire back on whatever object you are doing the trick.
Thank you, My-Mountains, for the Mountain Bike Trick Hacks! f you love mountains you’ll love My-Mountains. On My-Mountains you can easily choose and book your favourite mountain adventure such as skiing, snowboarding, paragliding, helicopter adventures, mountain bike tours, guided hiking and trekking, rafting and much more.