Znüni News – Tuesday July 3
Locals are sad to see one of the last cafés in the old town disappear this coming fall, as the café Emilio next to Bucherer is set to close down in the fall and be replaced by another jewellery store. Politicians have been calling for better management of the old town in order to prevent it from becoming simply a tourist hotspot only. Further up the road the local chemist shop has also closed, expectations are that this will also be turned into a jewellery store or fashion brand shop.
Meanwhile the Mall of Switzerland has dropped its aim of having 5 million visitors in its first year. 6 months after its opening only 2 million visitors had crossed the threshold. Bad reviews regarding its parking and surrounding traffic as well as a shopping experience which is very similar to other shopping malls is probably the reason for its mitigated results.
Expect the country to come to a grinding halt at 4 o’clock this afternoon. This is when the football match between Switzerland and Sweden will be taking place. Should Switzerland win they would be going into quarter finals, something that hasn’t happened in a long time.
Here is a list of cool places to go and watch the match:
- Bourbaki, Luzern room for 500 Footballfans.
- Brache Eichwäldli, room for 70 seated or 130 standing with four Special Screens.
- Helvetiaplatz, «Wolf Burger & Steak Bar»-Terrasse: zirka 70 Sitzplätze und Stehplätze mit Sicht auf zwei TV-Screens.
- Lädeliplatz, Luzern, room for 300 standing people.
- Neubad, Luzern, maximum 400 people in the pool.
- Restaurant Prizzi, Luzern, room for 300 seated.
- Schüür, Luzern, flexibel between 33 and 800.
- Schweizerhof, Luzern, 1500 Footballfans.
- Treibhaus, Luzern, around 800 people .
- WM-Beiz, Obergrund, 132 seated in the Pavillon and 90 on the terrace
- Mall of Switzerland, Ebikon, room for 1000 Fans.
Saying of the day: “Hopp Schwyz” – go Switzerland!